Friday, February 21, 2020

Crash Course videos for I/O

The Crash Course YouTube channel contains a series of well-edited, well-researched, close-captioned, engaging educational videoes. Like, there are so many terrible-but-well-intended educational videos out there. And there is so much terrible content on the Internet. But Crash Course is the real deal. I use their videos extensively in my Stats class and their Psychology content is also good.

They don't have an I/O psychology series, but they do have a Government and Politics series. This series covers a lot of I/O ground in terms of employment laws and discrimination. So, the content isn't being explained through the lens of I/O psychology, but I think it may stick with your students better to have it emphasized that the ways we try to promote workplace fairness aren't just nice or right, they are the law. Here are three great videos that you could use in I/O:

Sexual Harassment



Affirmative Action



Discrimination




No comments:

Post a Comment